Monday, January 18, 2010

Nanny Returns


Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

I loved Nanny Diaries. I loved it so much it's one of my favorite chicklit books of all time. But the authors let me down with their follow-up, Citizen Girl, and I'm even more let down by the Nanny sequel, Nanny Returns. It's a boring repeat of Nanny Diaries, quite frankly, with older kids and HH (Harvard Hottie) the husband now instead of the elusive love interest. The commentary on New York's UES ladies who lunch was still funny, but there was less of that in this book. All the drama swirling around Nan was far-fetched and ridiculous at times and I read quickly just to see if the ending would make up for the rest of the book. It didn't.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh boo...I started to get excited, I too loved Nanny Diaries. I didn't even know they wrote anything else. I love that you are keeping me more up to date with books! THX!

Unknown said...

I was not a fan of Citizen Girl. I read it on the way to Colorado in September and was really disappointed too! I'll probably still read this one but instead of buying it I'll just pick it up at the library.

IrishLibrarian said...

Let me know what you girls think if you do read it... Had it not been a sequel, I would say it was the stupidest piece of chicklit I'd ever read. But since we had background on Nan, it made it more tolerable... but still disappointing!