Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe


The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J.Randy Taraborrelli

I'd never read a biography of Marilyn Monroe and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a film she's been in. I've simply heard murmurings of her sad life and after reading more about the Kennedys, I was intrigued enough to pick this one up. Taraborrelli is a very gifted writer--although the book was nearly 500 pages, I glided easily from page to page and was always curious to find out more about Monroe's life. At a time before Prozac, hers was a depression treated with booze and barbituates. Her obsession with JFK was intriguing at the same time it was simply scary. This is surely a must-read for Monroe fanatics and also for anyone interested in pop culture and/or psychological disorders. Truly a winning piece fo writing.

No comments: