Monday, August 3, 2009

Bobby and Jackie


Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story by C. David Heymann

First I must say: This book is fascinating. But then I must add that I haven't read a biography of either Jackie or Bobby so it was 90% new information for me. I suspect 90% was the same information that's already been shared in other Kennedy biographies, but it was packaged in a quick and accessible volume. This was not about the policies Kennedy worked for as a senator and Presidential candidate from 1963-1968. It was about the juicy stuff that happened primarily in Bobby & Jackie's personal lives.

My only complaint is that we didn't see much more of why Bobby was Jackie's "love of her life" and vice versa besides the obvious reason a relationship began. I suppose some of that is shared in other biographies that focus more on each other their personalities and lives. Regardless, this really was a love story and like most good love stories, I thorougly enjoyed it.

No comments: