Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Family


First Family by David Baldacci

Ok, this book was so good that it's 3 am and I'm up writing a review about it because I've just spent the last 5 hours unable to put it down until the last sentence! I know I'm a little late to try out Baldacci, but the psychological thrillers sometimes scare me (I know, I know) and/or are too cheesy for me to take seriously. The premise for this one intrigued me, though, so I thought it a worthy title to try. Wow. Not only is the plot moving, the characters are as intriguing as they are numerous. Yet, with all the intricacies going on, it all comes together smoothly, though not at all predictably. He spares the reader the cheese factor by only throwing the romance in our face for three pages.

Totally recommended. Recommendations for Baldacci's best are also appreciated!

No comments: