Monday, November 9, 2009

Juliet, Naked

Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

How can you not love Nick Hornby? He's funny, he's honest, and his writing flows like a Rolling Stone article. Likely because he writes about pop culture in his other life, and his interest in it comes through in all his novels. This one let me down a bit. I guess I was looking for a deeper look into obsessive fandom or for more of a love story and I didn't get either. It's still Nick Hornby, even if Hornby not at his best, and it still tells an interesting story. But, eh, I wouldn't recommend it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is there one by him that you would?

IrishLibrarian said...

High Fidelity is by far my favorite Nick Hornby book (one of my very favorite books of all time). How To Be Good is a close second, but About a Boy is also good...suddenly I realize all his books are movies--whoops! Fever Pitch is also good. :-)