Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm with the Band


I'm with the Band: Confessions of a Groupie by Pamela Des Barres

This has been on my list for years--since Almost Famous became one of my favorite movies to be exact. If you've been a fan of music--whether a Paul McCartney girl or a Taylor Hanson girl--you've read or been told to read this book. What no one had told me is how poorly written it is. How annoying the writer is. How it reads like a 12-year-old wrote it but it's written by a 50-year-old. It's insulting and it makes me pity the writer. She had sex with Mick Jagger. So what? The only redeeming part of the book was to see how human she was and that she actually had feelings for all these musicians. Which is really what made her so pitiful. And in the end, I just was sorry that she'd wasted my time.

No comments: