Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Reading 2008

So as I'm working on the children's summer reading program at the library this summer, I figure I'd have some fun with my own summer reading. I'll be posting reviews, lists of books I'd like to read, and perhaps include movies and music, too.

Please leave me a comment with book, music, and movie suggestions or reviews of your own!

Right now I'm going through a stack of vegetarian cookbooks because my summer project is becoming a better cook.

This week I re-watched Swingers (totally needed it after my relationship woes), read Cynthia Kaplan's Leave The Building Quickly (not as good as Why I'm Like This) and Scott Douglas' Quiet Please: Dispatches from a Public Librarian.

I also watched Sex & the City on the big screen and could write about the movie for days. Let's just say, I wasn't happy with what happened with Carrie or Samantha. I don't know anyone who has broken up with her boyfriend that many times and married him. Let's be serious, ladies.

Ok, let the summer of fun begin!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, I completely agree about "Sex and the City," the movie version...I thought I was the only one who was a little annoyed that Carrie married Big. I, of course, wanted them together, but he stood her up on their wedding day! Dude wouldn't be getting another chance if I were in her shoes!