Saturday, June 5, 2010

When Will There Be Good News?

When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson


I knew this book would have some suspense, but since it was categorized as simply "Fiction" and not more specifically as "Mystery" at my library, I was not prepared for just how suspenseful it would be! Or for just how much bad news could be told in one novel. Atkinson has a talent, though, for somehow interweaving dark and realistic storylines and providing the right human touches through different narrative voices to keep the reader hanging on. I was hooked from the beginning and, even though much was gruesome and I did find myself asking "When will there be good news," it was worth the ride.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Think I might read this...thanks for all of the reviews you write. Although it just makes my to read list longer and longer :)