Saturday, July 19, 2008

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos


Loved Walked In by Marisa de los Santos (2005)

Cornelia is a 31-year-old coffee shop manager with a passion for old love stories, and a deep desire for her own love story. When Martin walks into her life, a set of events spring to action that eventually bring her to more than one unexpected love. This was a quick read and it kept my interest, but most of it was pretty unbelievable. I really liked the narrative tone and it made Cornelia a more believable character, despite her lusting after a much-older man and her sister's husband. Clare's 11-year-old voice, however, was quite unbelievable to me. In the end, the book was disappointing and I would not recommend it.

1 comment:

loofrin said...

I actually quite enjoyed this book, I characterize it as "high brown chick lit." She has a PhD in literature and it shows in her writing. I tried to read the first book she wrote.